The Awakening DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 was released sometime back and rumors regarding the next expansion pack have already started building up on the internet. It was reported that a total of four Map Packs will be released in the ongoing year.
Renowned website VideoGamesBlogger had earlier published a list which stated the various release dates for these map packs for the different platforms. The dates as mentioned in the list are given below-
- DLC Map Pack 1- For PlayStation 4- Tuesday, January 26. For Xbox One and PC- Thursday, February 25.
- DLC Map Pack 2- For PlayStation 4- Tuesday, March 29. For PC and Xbox One- Thursday, April 28.
- DLC Map Pack 3- For PlayStation 4- Tuesday, May 31. For PC and Xbox One- Thursday June 30.
- DLC Map Pack 4- For PlayStation 4- Tuesday, August 2. For PC and Xbox One- Thursday, September 1.
Though it has been confirmed that the developers will indeed release a total of 4 Map Packs for the game in the ongoing year, the specific release dates for the map packs are yet to be confirmed by them.
Players can purchase the Season Pass for the game for a price of $50. Doing so will make them eligible to get their hands on any expansion pack that is released for the game without having to shell out any money for it.
In other news, confirmation has just been received that the second expansion pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 will be released on April 19. This particular expansion pack has been titled Eclipse.
It should be noted that like the Awakening DLC, the Eclipse will also be released for the platform of PlayStation 4 first and then for PC and Xbox One at a later point of time. Various reports suggest that it will be released for PC and Xbox One in the next month, that is in May.
The developers of Call of Duty series had previously entered into some kind of deal with Microsoft. This deal ensured that gamers who played Call of Duty games on the Xbox console got access to exclusive contents that were released for the Xbox versions of the games.
However, the deal came to an end in the previous year and since then all the expansion packs that were developed for Call of Duty games are released for the platform of PlayStation first and then on the other platforms. It was announced that a steady gap of 30 days will be maintained between the release of any DLC for PlayStation and the release of the same DLC for PC and Xbox.
As for the Eclipse DLC, it will bring forth a number of new maps and a brand new Zombies Experience.
This Zombies Experience will be set on an island and it has been titled- Zetsubou No Shima. It has been dubbed as fundamentally disturbing by Jason Blundell of Treyarch. A secret biological research lab located on the remote island becomes the center of a Zombie outbreak in this experience.
While talking about the new Zombies Experience, the developers stated- “Zetsubou No Shima features a foliage-rich island map including new terrifying zombie enemies, a variety of innovative transport mechanics, more devastating traps and classic Zombies side quests”
The new maps that will be added to the game via the DLC are listed below-
- Spire- This is a map that has been set on a space airport which has futuristic looks. A raised spire is what supports the map. It will feature multiple levels and open areas.
- Rift- This is set upon an active caldera. It will feature a futuristic military complex in which players will have to engage with their enemies in high-octane intense battles.
- Knockout- This map will feature a recreated Shaolin Temple which is located on a private island.